Thursday, July 5, 2007

Interview Questions to Share With Your Clients

I often give my clients a list of interview questions they might be asked (compiled from a survey I did a while back, asking my clients to send me lists of actual questions they were asked). Along with it, I provide a short list of questions they should ask.

These are the questions I recommend my clients ask:
1. How long has this position been open?
2. What are the creative opportunities available in this position? What kind of individual control of projects will I have?
3. What are the company’s priorities, and what specific results would be expected from me in the first 90 days or so?
4. Is this a new position? If so, why was it created? If not, why did the person who held this position leave the position?
5. What kind of opportunities for advancement are available?
6. How many other professionals will I be working with? What is the title of my immediate supervisor?
7. Why did you (the interviewer) join the company? How long ago was that? What is it about the company that keeps you here?
8. Did my resumé raise any questions I can clarify?
9. Where is the job located? Does it require travel? How often?
10. What do you look for in an employee?
11. What type of training is required and how long is it? What type of training is available?
12. What would my first assignment be?
13. What are the skills and attributes most needed to get ahead here?
14. How regularly do performance evaluations occur?
15. Do you have a job description available for this position?
16. Are there any expansion plans for the company?
17. What are the opportunities for on-the-job training and further education?
18. Do you have a tuition assistance or book reimbursement program?

Thanks to Evelyn Salvador for pointing out the following web site, which offers 200 MORE questions they can ask:
http://workforce.com/section/06/article/23/24/30.html#2

These 200 additional questions are ones that applicants may ask recruiters, managers, HR pros and others.

Here are the categories of questions:
* Questions for Headhunters and Recruiters
* Questions for HR
* Questions for Hiring Managers
* High-level Probing Questions
* Questions That Are Defensive
* Questions Designed to Get Feedback
* Questions Designed to Close the Deal
* Questions Stars May Ask

Share these with your clients!!

No comments:

Post a Comment