Friday, September 21, 2007

Upcoming Stuff

It's my birthday today, so I'm taking it easy ... or as easy as I can considering I have two weeks worth of work to finish this week, in anticipation of meeting up with some of you next week in Savannah.

In the meantime, I wanted to give a heads-up about some items on the publishing schedule.

• We released the second edition of Write Great Resumes Faster earlier this month, and have sold a couple dozen books so far! Considering the first edition sold more than 150 copies with limited promotion, sales are going well! As many of you know, I'm a resume writer first and foremost (Resume Writers' Digest came later, as a way to help me learn more about the industry, and share those ideas at the same time), so these are ideas that I compiled to help me when I was stuck. I wrote an article about it for the newsletter, got good feedback, and decided to put the tips into booklet form. The new, second edition is more of a "book" -- nearly 70 pages of ideas, resources, and reference material to do exactly what the book's title says: write great resumes faster. Thanks for your purchases -- they help support the newsletter and website. (You can order using the Paypal link on the right side of the page.)

• On or about Oct. 1, we will release our first Special Report -- on Subcontracting! Diana LeGere has done a fabulous job of researching and writing this report, interviewing more than a dozen resume writers to share tips and tricks for making money as a resume subcontractor. This has been a topic I get a *lot* of questions about, and the information she's providing is top-notch.

• I'll also be publishing a Special Edition of Resume Writers' Digest the first week of October. It's a preview of the Career Directors International conference but will also have a couple of articles that have been percolating on my to-do list in the past couple of weeks.

• The next "Regular" edition of Resume Writers' Digest will be published in early November. If you have an article you want to contribute, please e-mail me at RWDigest@aol.com. We don't have a budget for paying our contributors yet, but you'll reach our hundreds of subscribers, gaining valuable publicity and visibility among your peers. (Plus, you'll have my gratitude, which is priceless!)

That's it for today!

No comments:

Post a Comment