Sunday, February 3, 2008

Dirty Jobs

I keep seeing articles about this show, Dirty Jobs. So I finally set my TIVO last week to record a few episodes off the Discovery Channel. But I haven't had a chance to watch it yet.

The premise is an interesting one -- the host, Mike Rowe, does a lot of jobs that most of us wouldn't want to. But the fact of the matter remains ... someone has got to do these jobs. That's something to remember when we're working with clients who only want "glamorous" jobs (I want to work in pharmaceutical sales, I want to work in fashion, etc.). There are lots of opportunities out there for those seeking much less glamorous jobs.

Be sure to read Rowe's "Seven Dirty Habits of Highly Effluent People" and the accompanying article about the host and the show that appeared in Fast Company.

No comments:

Post a Comment