- Take a teleclass on a resume writing topic. In each issue of Resume Writers' Digest, we list the teleclasses and webinars being offered by the major professional associations as well as other sources. For $25-$60, you can learn new techniques that will help get your mind going again!
- Read resume-releated books. Go to the library and/or bookstore and see what's new out there. You might even come home with a new reference book or two.
- Start a blog. While you're looking for resources and information to post about, you're educating yourself.
- Get certified -- or get another certification. While I've heard some controversy lately about certifications, the fact is: You'll be challenging yourself. And that's a good thing.
- Update your website. Write 2-3 articles for the site and to publish on other websites.
Thursday, July 10, 2008
Tips for Veteran Resume Writers
I often hear from veteran resume writers who say they are feeling "stale" or even burned out. With them in mind, I came up with five tips to help re-energize you.