Get to know the other resume writers in our community with our “10 Questions” series!Today’s profile is Annette Richmond of career intelligence Resume Writing and Career Services.
1. Why did you decide to become a professional resume writer?
After almost two decades in the career field, I decided to combine my experience as a writer and perspective as a former recruiter to help my clients move forward in their careers.
3. What do you typically wear when you’re working?
T-shirts and leggings, primarily black.
4. What is your best habit, and what is your worst?
5. What’s your favorite object in your office? Why?
6. What is your “go to” technique or secret when you get stuck when you’re writing a resume? How do you get unstuck?
When I’m at a standstill writing the content, I switch to something fun like design. If that doesn’t work, I walk away for a couple of hours.
Ask for help when you need it. I’m not exactly sure where that came from, but it’s true. I’ve changed careers a few times, and the only way I succeeded in any of them was because people helped me along the way. I try to pay that forward wherever I can.
8. How do you unplug?
As a business owner, I work a lot. In my downtime, I turn to movies (lots of classics), fiction (mysteries, classics), sports (primarily football), and relaxing with my husband and our 4-legged kids.
9. What ONE thing would you change about your business or the career industry, if you could?
There’s a lot of misinformation out there, some of it from well-known career professionals. I wish there was some type of regulation to help the public understand the difference between solid advice and noise.
You can follow career intelligence on Facebook here: Facebook.com/careerintell or on Twitter @careerintell. Connect with Annette on Linkedin here: https://www.linkedin.com/in/annetterichmond/
Smarter Career Moves podcast – available on Amazon Music, Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, and wherever else you access your podcasts: https://careerintelligenceresumes.buzzsprout.com
Career Intelligence Resume Writing – YouTube: