Today’s mindset tips are to help you with visualizing your success.
Most personal success mindset instructions tell you that before you can experience success, you should pinpoint what your vision of success looks like. Take some time to realistically “daydream” about the work you’ll accomplish — and your success.
The main reason you need a vision is because if you don’t know what you want, you won’t recognize it — even if someone handed it to you on a silver platter.
To help you visualize the success you want to achieve, try one (or more) of these suggestions:
- Create a vision board. When you’re trying to achieve a goal, use a vision board to help you fully imagine what that success looks like. For example, if you want to build your career services business to six figures, create a vision board depicting what that looks like to help you create the steps to get there.
- Write down your goals. If you don’t want to create a vision board, you can still visualize your success by using very descriptive writing to describe your goals. When you write down a SMART success goal, be very specific about what constitutes success to you.
- Picture your goals being met. When creating your vision board — or writing down each goal — take the time to imagine it in your mind. You may want to consider doing this in a nice, quiet place in your home, where you can relax and/or find inspiration. Allow yourself to pretend you have achieved your goal. Use the following questions to help set the stage for your vision:
- – Where will you likely be when you meet the goal or finish the project?
– Will someone be there when you achieve the goal? Who?
– What emotions will you probably feel?
– What clothing will you be wearing?
– Who will you call first, and what will you say?
Picture the future — and then work your plan to achieve it!