In the January 2008 issue of Office Solutions magazine, I came across this article on "Interviewing Your Interviewer," which quotes the online Career News newsletter.
Here are the questions they recommend a job seeker ask:
- Why is this position available right now?
- How many times has this position been filled in the past five years?
- What should the new person do differently from the last person?
- What would you most like to see done in the next six months?
- What are the most difficult problems that this job entails?
- How much freedom would I have in the decision-making process?
- What would be my options for advancement?
- How has this company succeeded in the past?
- What changes do you envision in the near future for this company?
- What do you think constitutes success in this job?