Friday, April 11, 2008

Asking an Employer the Right Questions

When I tell my clients that they should be prepared to ask the interviewer questions, they inevitably ask, "Well, what should I ask them"?

In the January 2008 issue of Office Solutions magazine, I came across this article on "Interviewing Your Interviewer," which quotes the online Career News newsletter.

Here are the questions they recommend a job seeker ask:
  • Why is this position available right now?
  • How many times has this position been filled in the past five years?
  • What should the new person do differently from the last person?
  • What would you most like to see done in the next six months?
  • What are the most difficult problems that this job entails?
  • How much freedom would I have in the decision-making process?
  • What would be my options for advancement?
  • How has this company succeeded in the past?
  • What changes do you envision in the near future for this company?
  • What do you think constitutes success in this job?

No comments:

Post a Comment