(You can listen to the call recording here).
The call was facilitated by Kathy Sweeney and featured several of the conference speakers, including Barbara Safani, Kimberly Schneiderman, and Norine Dagliano.
- "A resume isn't enough anymore," she says.
- Social media profiles allow candidates to better compete.
- Resume writers have a great opportunity to educate clients on what else is out there (in terms of social media profiles and tools) besides LinkedIn.
- This session is important because "resume writers need to keep up with the times."
- These one-page documents won't replace the resume, but are an additional tool.
- She's had numerous clients coming to her with the challenge that "what they had done, they may not be able to do anymore."
- Traditional resume formats don't work for career changers.
She immediately changed the consortium name, but had to re-record 12 radio shows with the new name.
Sweeney said her talk will help resume writers:
- Protect your business
- Protect your reputation
- Protect your intellectual property
- Make sure you're not infringing on someone else (even accidentally).
For more information about the NRWA Conference, or to register, visit the NRWA website.
A two-pay conference registration option is available for one more week.