Thursday, October 25, 2007

The Long Life of a News Release

I was reminded today, while doing some research on Google, about the value of issuing news releases. I wrote a news release in July 2003 about how looking for a job is a lot like looking for love, tying the two themes together using the example of a CBS reality show, "Cupid."

That was more than four years ago, and it still comes up in search results. Since I have a degree in public relations, that should not surprise me. But it does. Are you using the media to its full potential? Careers articles are one of the most popular topics out there.

You can get your ideas from lots of different sources. Last month, I wrote about getting ideas for news releases from television shows.

In the coming weeks, I'm going to be updating my special report on getting publicity for your careers business. If you have a news release or press kit you'd like to share, e-mail me at RWDigest@aol.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment