The 5 W's are Who, What, When, Where, and Why.
You want to find out:
- Who does your client work with -- both within the company, and outside the company?
- What do they do? Initially, this is about finding out what their responsibilities are, but we need to take it further.
- When -- not in the context of time, but when would they be missed?
- Where -- again, not in the context of geography, but where do they have the biggest impact? Where are their accomplishments most noticed? By their colleagues? By their boss? By their customers?
- Why -- why does your client's specific contributions matter -- in this job, and for this company?
Interested in more strategies to gather client accomplishments? Check out "Write Great Resumes Faster."