- Be completely present for whatever you are doing. This is called "mindfulness" and it involves focusing on the task at hand.
- Include something you consider beautiful in your life on a daily basis, for example, fresh flowers.
- As often as possible, participate in activities you enjoy.
- Keep your pace relaxed.
- Take a break after meals to relax.
- Go outside once a day and enjoy the simple things in life.
- Take notice of the tension in your body during the day. Breathe deeply and gently stretch any area that feels tense.
- When you catch your mind racing and worrying, breathe deeply and gently shift your focus to something in the moment.
- Wear comfortable, loose clothing.
- Don't hold your feelings in day after day. Find a safe place where you can express and embrace them.
Saturday, January 26, 2008
10 Ways to Relieve Stress
This time of year can be stressful for resume writers -- all of those New Year's Resolutions to fulfill. Here are some stress-relieving tips from the University of Minnesota's Center for Spirituality & Healing: