Wednesday, August 18, 2010

More Strategies to "Write Great Resumes Faster"

Have you ever stared at a piece of paper (or your computer screen) and wondered, "Now what?"

If so, you're not alone. In a "Write Great Resumes Faster" survey conducted by Resume Writers' Digest, 85 percent of the writers who were surveyed admitted to an occasional case of "writer's block," that paralyzing feeling when the words and phrases just won't come to you.

One factor in being most productive is finding the right timing that works for you. Nearly a third of survey respondents reported they do their best writing in the morning. Another 16 percent write best in the early, early morning.

Sometimes, life circumstances dictate when you can write. As one resume writer notes, "I write whenever my toddlers aren't around or are sleeping!"

Another says, "When I'm in the zone, I can work for hours. When I'm not, I tend to be more easily distracted."

Some days it's harder than others.

"There are good days to write and bad days to write -- creativity is that way," one survey respondent noted.

Another writer admits, "Sunlight helps a lot. Cloudy days are not great for me."

"Good lighting is important," another writer concurs. "I use full spectrum light or 'happy light.'"

No comments:

Post a Comment